Sunday 23 September 2012

Racing Along, Moving Backwards

I feel as if I'm going backwards rather than forwards.  I had this brilliant idea that by having a Garage Sale, I could get rid of some of the clutter in my Craft Room in order to get it looking less like a war zone by the time my Open House rolls around, a mere week away now.  Well, I was wrong.  My Craft Room has never looked worse.  Truly, I look around and could weep.  By pulling things out and taking a few things from this box and that box and the other box, I've left the room with paths along which I can maneuver and not much else.  It is disheartening.  My stress levels have risen appreciably and to top it off, the Garage Sale was a bust.  I could have spent my time getting ready for the Open House more efficiently by working inside rather than sitting outside among things I didn't want any longer, waiting for strangers to buy them.  With such glorious weather the smart people were at the beaches or boating or doing something that was much, much more fun than sitting in a driveway.

Of course the fact that it's after midnight and I'm sleep deprived isn't helping my general mood.  I really do have to apologize about that.  The good thing is that tomorrow (or later today, I suppose) most of the things left over will be heading for the thrift store.  The better items are put aside for our local Optimist Club Garage Sale.  My room will look much better in daylight (fingers crossed) and I can definitely sort a bit more comfortably with quite a bit taken out of the room and that will help.

I'm already getting some responses to the emails which I sent out, assuring me that not only will those customers come but they are planning to bring friends.  I think I know what I want to do for the make-n-takes.  I have to put together some cute prizes now but I can hit my daughter up for help with all that.  I'm excited about the Open House but also very worried (it's my first one) and probably a lot scared on top of it all.  Does it ever get better?  Do people ever get blase about Open Houses?  Is it too late to hire a master organizer?

I wonder if I should reserve the Simply Scored now so that Mei Li won't hog it during my Open House.

Maybe a good night's sleep will put everything into perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.