Thursday 20 December 2012

Knowing you care

I am the first to admit that it sounds hokey to tell people to send a card to a community reeling from a tragedy such as the one at Sandy Hook.  If you think about it, however, it begins to make sense to reach out and let people know someone cares.  It lets them know that the world out there is not just after more sensational news.  People are hurting just knowing that this has happened in their world.

What can a card do? It can give comfort. It can give hope. It can let them know that they're not alone. For those who feel helpless and angry about the tragedy in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, this is something you can do. Send a card--a hopeful card--a card that tells them that you are thinking of them.  A card that reminds them that there are still a lot of good people in the world.  People who care...

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

2 comments:

  1. I agree Heidi, it feels insignificant but it really, it's something we can all do. I sent my card earlier this week. I hope it brings comfort to someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaching out to others is what really matters. We can't make it go away, but I hope it helps them to know we care.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.