Monday 21 January 2013

Love the Whale!

What's not to love?  The little whale is adorable.  The little whale has his/her own Clearlits die.  The little whale is so much fun to use!

Valentine's Day is coming up and so the little whale and I decided to focus on that.  What's cuter than asking "Whale you be mine?"  Actually I used a whole lot of different products to make this card.

My base had to be Island Indigo because, well, it compliments the Pool Party so well and also it's a prime colour in the Sale-a-bration Designer paper that I planned to use.  I just received the Pool Party Core'dination paper and, of course, had to use that with my brand new Cloudy Day embossing folder.  A touch from the Stampin' sanding block, and the white core of the paper shows through wonderfully.

Because I decided that this was going to be a "side-step" fold card, I had a piece of the Core'dination paper left over and that was perfect for the back step, framed by the Sale-a-bration "rainbow" paper.  First, before mounting it, I rolled the Oh, Wave! jumbo stamp wheel across 2/3 of the paper.  After all, the whale needs some water, right?  I also stamped the little "hearts spout" from the Oh, Whale! stamp set using Primrose Petals ink.

So, the little boy whale was stamped in Island Indigo ink and cut with the Clearlits die.  The little girl whale was simply cut from some Primrose Petals Designer paper.  Each was mounted in place on dimensionals.  Each of their eyes are sparkling with a small rhinestone.  The little heart and spout above the boy whale are cut using the clearlits die as well.

"Whale you be mine?" was stamped in Primrose Petals ink on Whisper White, punched out using the Modern Label punch, and then shaded along the edges using a sponge and Pool Party ink.  It was mounted on a Heart cut from the Primrose Petals Designer paper using one of the Hearts framelits.  The "Love you" was stamped using Versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I cut that with one of the Apothecary Accents framelits.  And, finally, I punched out a star from some silver Glimmer paper and mounted that.



I love the colours!  I love the little whales!  Who wouldn't want to receive a cute Valentine like this?

4 comments:

  1. What is not to love about this little whale. This card is a smorgasbord for my ever growing list of wants! Great idea using a sidestep card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Tricia. Love that it's a smorgasbord. ;) You know how it is...you begin wanting to do some special folds when you've done "normal" cards for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card! This set is definitely growing on me when I see everything you can do with it. Thanks for the great inspiration... and probably forcing me to add it to my wish list! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph, that's why they call it a Wish List. Wishes are never-ending, aren't they? Thanks for the nice comments. :)

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.