Thursday 31 January 2013

My Confession...

I have to confess something.  I've been sorting out my crafting room and have come to the conclusion that I have a problem.  What is my problem, you ask?  I have come to the conclusion that I am a stamp-a-holic.  You don't see this, but I'm hanging my head in shame right now.  What makes me a stamp-a-holic?  Well, I can't seem to say "no" to a stamp set and have accumulated far too many that have, so far, not even had a taste of ink.  For a stamp set, that's like starvation.  Yikes!  I'm guilty of starving these poor, innocent, hopeful stamp sets.  The problem is even worse than I first realized!

The Stampin' Connection is a genuine life-line for those of us demonstrating for Stampin' Up! who need the support and inspiration of our peers but don't live close to other demonstrators.  A friend that I've made there (Terri Antoniw) suggested that we could make a "game" of the situation.  What if, Terri suggested, we start a discussion on the Stampin' Connection and invite people to meet the Challenge of using our poor, unused and neglected stamp sets.  We all have them.  Some of us have more that we neglect than others of us, but let's face it, we all have fallen in love with a stamp set and by the time it arrives, have no immediate project for which to use the set.  We put it aside and that is the beginning of the road to oblivion for the stamp.  Frequently, because it hasn't been used, it doesn't get used.  Our minds haven't made a connection with it yet.

Remember, this is true of just about everyone at one time or another.  It's not just you.  Of course, when you are in the stamping business, usually stamps arrive in bunches.  Believe me, having stamp sets make their sad way down that road to "forgotten-land" happens a lot more frequently when several arrive at once.

Hence the Challenge.  I am embracing the challenge and am committed to introducing each and every set in my crafting room to ink at least once over the next few weeks (months).  Are you also a stamp-a-holic?  Are you guilty of hiding unused stamp sets from the world?  Do you want to make a change this year?  Are you up for the Challenge?  Join me (and Terri and countless others) and begin today.  Use one of those poor, whimpering, neglected stamp sets and create a masterpiece.  You can do it!

My first "rescue".  A stamp set I bought right after the new Annual Catalogue came out eight months ago: Moving Forward.  I bought this set because I believe in supporting the Ronald McDonald house and Stampin' Up donates $3.00 US for each set sold.  But I haven't used it and decided that it would be my first challenge project.


What is your first "rescued" stamp set going to be?  Email me a photo of your results and I'll post your card on my blog if you like.  Go rescue a stamp today!

4 comments:

  1. Oh thanks Heidi for mentioning me! I hope to take a look through my sets this weekend! My own personal challenge is to make at least one card with each set in 2013, so we'll see how that goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you meet your challenge. I know I have to make sure I do, too, because it's just crazy owning stamps and not using them.

      Delete
  2. I too ordered this stamp and have never used it. Oh dear I need to join your shame gang & hang my head too. :( I am about to pack up all my things & move house and I am guessing I will find quite a few of these poor neglected sets. I have a rule in my house - if we haven't used it in a year it has to go.....oh but lucky for me that does not apply to stamp sets or heaven forbid DSP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricia, once you've moved house you have to join us to save your stamp sets from a life of total neglect. It's hard, but we're strong, determined women and we CAN do this. :)

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.