Monday 28 January 2013

Shared tools

I'm sure everyone, at some point or another, shares her/his tools.  Sometimes it's because of the expense of an item.  It's a gift to be able to use another person's tool when the price and your pocketbook don't match up. Other times it's because a tool is used so seldom that friends or relatives share the cost and then have the use of it at those times that they need it.  Those are the more common reasons for sharing tools.

Well, sometimes there is an uncommon reason as well.  Early last year I bought the Simply Scored. I don't know what I would do without it.  Scoring the fold for a card makes such a difference.  There are no little wrinkles along the fold-line---an unfortunate side-effect when folding paper that has not been scored.  The Simply Scored is a nice size and fits even 12" x 12" sheets of cardstock easily.  The scoring surface allows  well-scored lines as close together as 1/8" and there are place markers as well as a hidden storage compartment for things like your stylus.  I really love this tool!

My problem is that I am sharing this tool and don't have the use of it as frequently as I would like.  I've considered buying another one so that I would have the use of one at my convenience, but somehow it just seems like overkill to have two of the Simply Scored.  So I continue to share it.

As I sit here typing, my Simply Scored is being used on the table behind me.  No, I don't currently have another stamper in the room with me.  The Simply Scored is being used by my darling long-haired Siamese, Mei Li, who considers it her personal cat-nap station.  When she is off doing whatever feline business she finds to occupy her time away from the Simply Scored, I am allowed to use it.  There are times when I'm quickly scoring a dozen or so pieces of cardstock so that I will be able to carry on during another of Mei Li's lengthy cat-naps.  *sigh*


Whoever said that cats have servants must have met my dear Mei Li.


2 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous but she truly believes she has squatter's rights to my Simply Scored. Try arguing with a cat...

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.