Sunday 6 January 2013

Time to Relax!

The Open House is over.  Time to relax.  Yes, my crafting room is a mess.  Yes, I have a dishwasher that has to be emptied.  Yes, I have the workshop orders to enter into OEX.  Yes---all that and more.  But I'm heading for my nice cup of hot milk, my book and a half hour of simple relaxation.  Tomorrow is another day (wasn't Scarlett O'Hara brilliant?)

Oh, and before I forget, I thought I'd just post the 3-D project I offered for the Open House.  This time I had a choice of a "girlie" project or a "masculine" one.  They're all candy holders (love the Milk Carton die) but sometimes it's nice to have a choice.


The fish is from the new By the Tide stamp set, the greenery was cut with a Secret Garden framelit, the ribbon on the right-hand project is that new Natural Trim Ribbon, and that one also has a "ticket" made with the That's the Ticket stamp set and Ticket Builder punch.  The feminine one in the centre used both the Mini Butterfly punch and the Elegant Butterfly punch and showcases one of the cute flowers from the 5/8" Flower Trim strip (rubbed on the Marina Mist stamp pad for some blue shading).

Everyone loved making them.  What do you think?  

4 comments:

  1. Great 3D projects! I may have to get that milk carton die yet. I love what you've done with it. Thanks so much for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda. I've gotten a lot of projects out of that milk carton die. Actually I used it for my very first workshop (January 22, 2012 post) where I had everyone make a lighted birdhouse. Everyone that attended still reminds me that their little birdhouse is still hanging (or standing) in a place of honour. It's perfect for party favours or Valentine's or anything where you want to fill a small container with treats (candy hearts, chocolates).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great milk cartons! I love both versions! Did you use the woodgrain embossing folder to resemble waves on the masculine ones?
    I'm now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, thanks both for the compliment and for following my blog. Yes, I did use the woodgrain embossing folder to resemble ripples in the water for the masculine ones. A note about that, however. I love the effect. I love it enough that I stuck with it even after the first try failed. What I did was to use the milk carton die to cut the paper (of course) and then I ran it through the embossing folder. Of course the fine detail of that folder totally broke down the paper and made finding the fold lines next to impossible. (I'll find some use for a piece of that discarded paper---on to my second try.)

    What actually works is to first cut out the paper with the die. Then you use your bone folder to tightly press all the folds into the paper. Every fold has to be made. Only then can you use the embossing folder to get that nice ripple pattern. Luckily the paper, even though it's been softened substantially by the folder, remembers where it was tightly folded and will fold there again. And you can actually make the carton.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.