Saturday 19 January 2013

Twitterpated all over again!

I love the Twitterpated Designer paper.  I loved it when Stampin' Up! brought it out in the 2012 Spring Mini and was delighted when it was included in the Annual Catalogue.  There is something in it for everyone.  Today I used a very feminine, flowered design that includes Whisper White, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and two retired colours: Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride.  For my card, I decided to use the Naturals White as the base and I layered it with Pink Pirouette which, while not an exact match, manages to compliment the pink in the paper.

I used varying sizes of the Hearts framelits to get alternating hearts, designer paper and then Pink Pirouette. They were adhered to the card with dimensionals.  It's an attractive but subtle effect.  To give the card a bit more texture, I added some embossed scallops and dots above and below the coloured layers, using the new Borders Scoring Plate.  I was surprised at how easy it was to use and how effective the embossing turned out to be.  I would recommend it to anyone.  What a great new tool!

Finally, my single word sentiment, "Happiness", is stamped on Island Indigo in Versamark and then heat embossed in White embossing powder.  I cut that out with the largest of the Bitty Banners framelits and used dimensionals to adhere it to the side of t he layered hearts.

I love the finished card.  I kept it very simple and decided not to add any ribbon or other embellishment, outside one rhinestone on the smallest of the hearts.  Sometimes you just have to leave it at that.


What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,

    The card turned out lovely!!! The embossing looks fantastic! It really adds a lot to the overall effect. I haven't heard anyone talking about the new Borders scoring plate and had been wondering how hard it was to use. I might have to add that to my "Wish List". (It seems that list never gets shorter! Ha ha!!!)

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce
    peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, it's one of the easiest tools to use. This is the first time I used the Borders scoring plate and it worked like a charm. Every line shows beautifully and my paper never shifted. I'll be happy to recommend it to my customers.
      I swear gremlins break into my crafting room at night and add their little wishes to my list. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Such a great card Heidi. I love the embossed touches and the layered hearts. Twitterpated was one of my favourites too and I really like how you've used it hear. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I know it's unusual for DSP to carry over into the Annual Catalogue, but it just shows you how many people fell in love with Twitterpated, since it did manage to do so...even though two colours in it were retired.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love your use if the Borders Scoring Plate. I've payed with mine but haven't used on a card yet. I may have to pull it out today. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I was becoming leery of trying the Borders Scoring plate because it was getting bad reviews, but my experience was really positive and I love the results.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.