Monday 14 January 2013

Valentine's Day meets Sale-a-Bration

Yes, it is coming up to Valentine's Day.  Wasn't it just Christmas?

A couple of weeks before Valentine's Day, Stampin' Up! begins its big "Sale-a-bration" sale.  This is an annual celebration and sale-a-bration, where we try to forget that it's still Winter outside by playing with all the wonderful free products that we can get during this time.  From January 22nd until March 22nd, for each $60.00 of product that we buy, we get to choose from 20 varied and wonderful items that are featured in the Sale-a-bration Flyer.  If you haven't received one yet, let me know and I will make sure you have one this week.  Email or phone me---you don't want to miss the goodies they're giving away this year!

Today I was playing around with the gorgeous Sycamore Designer Paper that is only available through Sale-a-bration.  Its rainbow colours really lift my spirits which took a nose-dive when I looked through the window and saw the falling snow.  The colours are so very cheerful in the paper, it was hard to decide which design I wanted to try using in my card.

The design I did use is full of bright and beautiful colours: a veritable rainbow.  I chose all my cardstocks and inks based on the designer paper.  The finished result really makes me happy.  I hope you enjoy it, too.


The card opens in the centre, which makes it a gate-fold card.  I was inspired by the card which Anja Beckmann made a short while ago.  It's not much harder than the conventional fold and really suits this card.  Wouldn't you love to receive a Valentine's card like this?

Paper:  122923        Island Indigo cardstock
            122924        Pool Party cardstock
            126839        Summer Starfruit cardstock
            122926        Lucky Limeade cardstock
            100730        Whisper White cardstock
            127540        Sycamore Designer Paper (Sale-a-bration only)

Ink:      126986         Island Indigo stamp pad
            126946         Tangerine Tango stamp pad
            126950         Rich Razzleberry stamp pad

Stamps:  129144 (clear) or 129141 (wood)  Secret Garden stamp set
              128075 (clear) or 128072 (wood) That's the Ticket stamp set

Dies:    129372      Secret Garden Framelits
           120893      Tasteful Trim Bigz die

Punches: 126883   Ticket Duo Builder punch

You can get any products that you need by placing an order with me or through my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely bright card! The saleabration DSP certainly is cheery. I particularly like that you went a gate fold card. It's so nice make something different from the conventional card don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a treat to make a different fold. :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Your color combination makes for a unique Valentine's card, so much more interesting than red, pink and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Loves those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card... love the non-traditional Valentine's colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that more and more people are opting to use non-traditional Christmas colours. Yes, we still see quite a bit of the red, green and white, but there are more and more other colours being used as well. For me, Valentine's is a happy, playful time. Everyone loves rainbows, so why not a rainbow of happy colours to send to your special person at Valentine's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Heidi, these stamps and dies are still on my wishlist that is wayyy to long...lol...I love how that embossingfolder cordinates with the papers, looks great.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.