Tuesday 12 March 2013

Discovering Everybunny!

When I got the Everybunny stamp set it was too late to use it for last year's Easter cards.  So the set sat on my shelf, waiting patiently for all those other occasions and holidays to pass.  Finally it's getting to that time of the year.  My Everybunny stamp set is finally being used.

I had been wanting to make a diamond-fold card for a while and the images in the Everybunny set just seemed perfect for that type of card.  And so I took two things off my to-do list: I used Everybunny and I also made a diamond-fold card.  I love it when things work together like that, don't you?

Because the diamond-fold is a multi-fold card, normal cardstock doesn't work as well for the base as a good, heavyweight Designer Paper.  I decided to use a 4" x 12" piece from the Floral District Designer Series Paper.  The colours I chose to highlight just seemed so "Easter-y" to me:  Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.

First of all I used my Simply Scored and scored at 2", 4", 8" and 10".  Then I mounted my Diagonal plate and scored at 2" and 6" and then flipped the paper over and again scored that side at 2" and 6".  I found that I had to use the fatter end of my scoring  because the Designer Paper will tear if you use the skinnier end and push too hard.  The best thing to do is to fold along every line, just to get the paper used to being folded.  then you have to make sure the original "straight" scored lines become valleys and sort of pinch the angles from the diagonals so that it "accordions" together with a diamond shape in front.


I've shown you the side view and top view of what it should look like once you've folded the Designer Series Paper.

There are basically three spots which can hold an image and so I took full advantage of that with the sweet Everybunny images.  For the left side, I chose the image with the little bunny in the eggshell.


For the right side, I chose the image with the little chick in the eggshell.  As you can see, I used half a doily for each side, just under the images which I had cut out using one of the Labels framelits. 


Then, for the centre, diamond shaped portion of the card, I chose the little bunny flying away in his hot air balloon.

When I coloured the stamped images, I used the colours already within the Designer Paper for continuity.  I also used the Lucky Limeade and Whisper White cardstocks for the same reason.

This is how the whole finished card looks, expanded.


And this is how it looks folded up.


I had such fun making this card.  I can't wait to use the Everybunny stamp set again.

Remember that the Late Night Stampers are having a Spring Treasure Hunt.  To read more about it, just click here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, What a cute card!! This stamp is adorable and I love the fold,I will have to give a try some time. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thanks a lot. :) The fold is easy, especially using the Simply Scored. I know you can do this fold without it, but the angles aren't as precise.

      Delete
  2. I just attempted this fold with some old dsp! Just have to decorate it but yay I figured it out. Thanks for the instructions, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you made the fold. It's even more fun to decorate it up once you've done the hard stuff (folds). You'll have to show it off when you get it finished. :)

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.