Wednesday 18 December 2013

A Hexagonal Greeting!

There is a new die being introduced in the Spring Occasions catalogue.  The die is a large thinlit, not quite the size of the "flip-flop" thinlits, but close.  Its name?  The Hexagonal Hive thinlit die.  I'm thinking that we're going to be seeing a lot of bee-hive style cards after Christmas.

The die makes an amazing Christmas card, too.  I was, of course, playing around with it and suddenly realized that the hexagonal shapes in the die were the perfect size to spotlight the little Holiday Mini punches. So I had to see what might happen if I mixed in the little mini Christmas tree punch and the little mini Star punch.

Keeping the colours to a simple White, Red and Green, I began moving the mini pieces here and there, found a pattern that appealed to me, and added the little "Very Merry" from the Very Merry Tags stamp set. The finished card is just simply fun.


In real life those stars just shine---they're punched from the Silver Foil paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.