Thursday 30 January 2014

Sale-a-bration banners---Oh what fun!

Just a quick post today to show off a little card I created for another colour challenge.  This time the colours were Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, and Crumb Cake: a perfect combination for a Valentine's Day card.

I decided to use Primrose Petals as my base cardstock with the next layer of Pink Pirouette and the top layer of Crumb Cake.  After that I added one of those pretty Doilies, a sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set stamped in Primrose Petals on Whisper White, cut out with my 1 3/4" circle punch and mounted on a piece of Primrose Petals cut out with my 2 3/8" circle scallop punch.   That looked perfect, adhered to the centre of the doily with dimensionals.

Across the top I strung a piece of Baker's Twine ending with a bow at the right top.  Along that I used dimensionals to adhere five adorable little banners stamped alternately in Primrose Petals ink and Pink Pirouette ink.  The free Banner Blast stamp set from the Sale-a-bration brochure has such a great assortments of stamps and, bonus, they all co-ordinate with the free Banner Punch that is also in the Sale-a-bration brochure.  Oh, by the way, that punch may be free during Sale-a-bration, but it's also going to be part of the upcoming Annual Catalogue and I assure you it won't be free then.

To the top left corner I added a little blossom cut out with the Petite Petals punch which was introduced in the new Occasions mini catalogue.  The only thing the card needed after that was some bling---which was beautifully provided by a scattering of rhinestones.


And there you have it:  another colour challenge met and an introduction to those playful Banners from Sale-a-bration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.