Friday 25 April 2014

Simple doesn't mean plain.

I designed a make-n-take for a charity Scrapbooking Crop.  The ladies like to have a break from their scrapbooking and line up to make cards.  In this particular case I only had the one make-n-take because I was still recovering from bronchitis.  You do what you can.

Taking a break is fun but the ladies don't want to do cards that take a lot of their time.  As a result I try to design cards that make them proud of their achievement and yet aren't going to be really time-consuming.  In other words, no lengthy techniques or really finicky designs.  Since the next occasion that is coming up is Mother's Day, I thought a Mother's Day card would be appropriate.

I used a base cardstock in Gumball Green (on the retired list) with the next layer being a combination of Whisper White and Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper (retiring June 1st).  The ribbon I used to hide the join between the two papers is the Satin Stitched Ribbon in Gumball Green (on the retired list).

For the Whisper White, I had everyone stamp one of the flowers from the Flower Store stamp set using Crisp Cantaloupe ink in a random pattern.  Then I had them stamp the leaves from the retiring Secret Garden stamp set in Gumball Green ink.  Since the stamping was random, it was interesting to see the varying designs which resulted.

I had everyone cut a small butterfly from the Crisp Cantaloupe paper in the 2013-15 In-Colors Designer Series Stack and a large butterfly from the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper.  Mounting them on the ribbon with the small butterfly on top of the larger one really tied the colors together and, for some added bling, I had them put a strip of 4 rhinestones down the centre.  All we needed after that was the Happy Mother's Day sentiment and the card was done.


This really was a relatively simple card but everyone loved it.  It could just as easily be used as a birthday card or for any other occasion, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.