Thursday 24 April 2014

The first of many "good-byes"

We have the list of retiring stamp sets and accessories.  As usual there are a lot of products which will be leaving.  Part of me is feeling a bit low because many of these products are favourites or "old friends".  Part of me is very excited about the new products which will be unveiled very soon.  For the next few days I plan to use some of the retired products in a "last goodbye".  If any of these products appeal to you, be quick about ordering them.  Many are already sold out and once they're gone---well, they're gone.

And remember---until Friday shipping is FREE!

With Mother's Day coming up soon, I thought it would be a good idea to begin with a Mother's Day card.  For this one I used Naturals White as my base cardstock.  My next layer is that beautiful Primrose Petals Core'dinations cardstock.  Yes, it's retiring.  I used my Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder on it and then sanded the raised embossing with my Stampin' Sanding Block (both the embossing folder and the sanding system are retiring).  Then I attached some Baker's Twine across the top of the embossed cardstock using my Mini Brads before adhering it to the base cardstock.

I used the Banner Punch from the Sale-a-bration brochure to punch out four banners from the 2013-15 Designer Series Paper stack.  Since I planned to stamp some flowers in Coastal Cabana ink, I punched the banners from the various designs in Coastal Cabana.  I also used the Coastal Cabana ink for my sentiment which is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set (also retiring).

Across the bottom I layered a narrow rectangle of Naturals White, Primrose Petals, and then Whisper White.  I stamped the leaves from the Bright Blossoms stamp set (retiring) using Pistachio Pudding ink and then attached two flowers made with the Petite Petals bundle and Pistachio Pudding ink and a larger flower made with the Flower Shop bundle and Primrose Petals ink.


The pearls in the centres of the smaller flowers will continue into the new catalogue.  The large pearl in the centre of the large flower is being retired.  If you're like me, you'll want to get some before they're gone.

Remember, Friday is the last day for FREE SHIPPING.  You can use the 10% you save  on the terrific products in the upcoming new annual catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.