Tuesday 20 May 2014

Miss you already!

There are some products on the retiring list that I am missing already.  If you have the I Am Me Designer Series Paper, you'll know what I mean.  The colours are so bright and cheery (Real Red, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White and Basic Gray) and the designs are perfect for all sorts of occasions, especially if someone is taking off on a trip or if you want to do a scrapbook spread for one of your trips.

I've been making a lot of short trips lately and had to make a card using this paper.  I had never made one of the cards-in-a-box for a square envelope, and thought it was about time to try one.  My envelope is perfect for a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" card and so that's the size I chose to make.  I began with a 5 1/4" x 11" piece of Basic Gray cardstock which I scored at 2 5/8", 5 1/4", 7 7/8", and 10 1/2".  Along the short side I scored the piece at 3".


Since all the colours in the Core'dinations paper are also retiring, I decided to use my Core'dinations Real Red for the first layer.  I used my Arrows Embossing Folder (not retired and, surprise, part of the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue) and then sanded the design lightly.  I love how the design just pops after sanding the embossing.  On top of that I added a 7 3/4" x 1 3/8" band from the I Am Me, showing the little cameras in every colour.


I love how well the Around the World stamp set compliments the Designer Paper.  With images from that stamp set as well as the soon-to-be-retired Peachy Keen stamp set, I added layers of interest to the box.  Added to that are some banners cut from the Designer Paper with that great little Banner Punch and some pennants cut using the Pennant Builder punch.


As a final touch I added "miss you already" using the Just Sayin' stamp set along with its matching framelit from the Word Bubbles Framelits Dies.  I love the bright, happy colours in the card.  If you want any of the retiring products, don't forget to put your order in soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.