Friends

Friday, 20 June 2014

CMCC25 --- You are a Fabulous Work of Art!

This challenge called for a mix of colours that immediately brought "baby" to mind.  Of course I didn't want to go with the obvious.  This was the challenge:

I don't normally use such pastel tones together, so of course my mind kept going back to "baby".  And then I just forced the issue and took out the Work of Art stamp set.  That got me on track.  Without a real pattern in mind, I just let myself play with several of the stamps and the colours.  And I liked the result.  Then I thought to myself, why not add one of those Spiral Flowers?  I have the In-Color Designer Paper Stack so using the polka dot patterned sheet in the Strawberry Slush was a given.  I really crumpled up the cut out spiral before rolling it and gluing it.  The effect was so much less stiff and added a lot of charm.  A couple of leaf stems cut with the Bird Builder punch and outlined with my Stampin' Chalk Marker finished it off.


The card doesn't look a bit "baby" to me.  I'm so glad!  For more of the cards made for this challenge, check out Colour Me...!

6 comments:

  1. this is stunning, I luv how you used the colors...amazing!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a fabulous work of art! I love that folded flower - it is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Tara. I enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete
  3. That scrunchy flower has beautiful dimension, gorgeous card! So glad you joined us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie. I really enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.