Friday 4 July 2014

A long and skinny challenge in Blues

So the challenge for Mojo Monday Card Sketch Challenges is for a long and skinny card.  The sketch is appealing but I'm not used to doing long and skinny.  This really will be a challenge!
There are any number of measurements that one can use for a long and skinny card but since we now have the Envelope Punch Board, I didn't have to worry about a regular envelope.  Whatever sized of card I decided on, I could easily make an envelope to fit it.  My choice was to make my card 3 1/2" x 7".

Then I saw the challenge over at the Pals Paper Arts and thought "Hey, I can combine the two!" because their challenge was a colour challenge.  After all, I might have the dimensions and the layout from the first challenge, but I still had to choose colours.
PPA210 Basic Gray Lost Lagoon Pool Party

The colours for this challenge helped me to decide which stamp sets would work, too.  See how it all works together so well?  One challenge gives me the sketch and layout, another gives me colours and the two together help decide the stamps.  I chose "The Open Sea" which is one of my favourites anyway, and which really goes well with the seascape colours.  Along with that set I also used the Something to Say set for the sentiment.


I really love the way this card turned out.  The colours work beautifully together.  The stamp sets are perfect.  And don't those stars just add the "cherry to the top"?

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Heidi. I think stars do add the cherry to the top! Love the stamped background, the embossed arrows and the touches of water coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at the Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Dawn. I am really enjoying your challenges.

      Delete
  2. Stunning card, Heidi! Love the texture, stamped images/sentiment, and yes, those stars are the cherries on top! Fabulous design! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cindy. I loved entering your challenge.

      Delete
  3. I really need to start doing these challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cindy. Of course you may include my card in your post if you give me credit. I think crafting is all about sharing.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.