Tuesday 1 July 2014

SCCC31 -- Noel (or Blendabilities meet a Poinsettia)

I am really getting into these weekly Christmas challenges.  It's fun to get out of the "normal" cards and stretch my Christmas creativity.  For this challenge I decided I really wanted to use the Blendabilities and what could be more appropriate for that than that gorgeous stamp set, Joyful Christmas and its beautifully sketched Poinsettia?  I'm so glad that this stamp set is still available until August 27th.  For those who didn't order it last season, this is the perfect time.  It's one of the nicest Poinsettia stamps I've seen.

I wanted a soft, candlelit type of background and so, after colouring the Poinsettia and leaves, I used a dauber and several inks to make my background.  I think it worked, don't you?  The colours of ink I used were Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight, Hello Honey, and Pear Pizzazz.

To finish of the card, I used a sentiment from the Greetings of the Season stamp set (also carried over and available for ordering) and also put some dazzle in the centre of the flower with small rhinestones which I had coloured with my Medium Daffodil Delight Blendabilities marker.


You can check out more of this week's cards at the Sparkle Creations Christmas Card blog.

I'm also submitting this card for the S-U Only Challenges, #33 - Holiday Colours.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous poinsettia, Heidi. Love the background. It really makes the flower stand out. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marsha. I'm so glad that this stamp set is carried over---even though it's only until August 27th.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Marsha- gorgeous!! Love the colors and use of the Blendabilities - thanks again for playing along with our 100th SUO Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your background! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacey. I enjoy the challenges at SUO.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.