Friends

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Adventure Bound -- PCCCS#110

It's been a while since I've done a vintage-style card and today just seemed to be the day for me to create one.  I had been looking at the sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge and when I thought "vintage" it all came together.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #110 #papercraftcrew #cardsketch

I knew I didn't want to do three word bubbles but, thank goodness, it's acceptable to change the shapes as long as the general layout is recognizable.  I am satisfied that I've managed to maintain the layout.

I began with three stamp sets on my work table:  Traveller, World Map and Artistic Etchings (retired).  First I stamped the suitcase and then made a mask and covered it so that I could stamp the Eiffel Tower.  I left the mask on the suitcase so that I could stamp the background.   I had decided to use a portion of the World Map in place of the spatters in the sketch and so I inked only a portion of the stamp with Baked Brown Sugar and stamped that onto the piece of Very Vanilla.  

When I removed the mask, my suitcase was free of additional stamping and I proceeded to colour it with my Blendabilities.  For my sentiment I chose the "adventure bound" from the Project Life Remember This stamp set.  I cut that out using my Word Bubble framelit and then trimmed it a bit more so that it just surrounded the sentiment.  I lightly sponged around the word bubble using Baked Brown Sugar ink.  

Then I took my stamped piece of Very Vanilla and did some heavy distressing around the perimeter.  After that I sponged around the perimeter and slightly into the actual surface using Baked Brown Sugar ink.  Before I began assembly, I stamped the spatter from the Bite Me stamp set in the three spots where the sketch shows embellishments.

My base is Early Espresso, then comes a layer of Baked Brown Sugar, then another layer of Early Espresso and finally the stamped piece of Very Vanilla.  To finish off, I attached the sentiment word bubble using Dimensionals.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Heidi! And I love the way you've coloured the suitcase too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the challenge, Jan. That Traveller stamp set is so versatile. Thanks so much for your comments.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Heidi, I just love the vintage travel theme of this card! Great job and thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam. I enjoyed the opportunity to do a vintage theme. Your sketches are never boring. :)

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.