Monday 1 September 2014

Peace, love & joy

I wanted to keep my card simple but elegant.  The challenge for which I was making it showed such an elegant image for its Inspiration Challenge that it seemed only right to do so.



You can see the colours that dominate the three photos are Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Crumb Cake.  Yes there are some greens and greys in there as well, but I went by my first impression.  After all, you can overthink this type of challenge.

I chose to use Naturals Ivory as my base cardstock and then added a layer of Bermuda Bay, followed by my stamped layer of Very Vanilla.  I stamped the sun from Kinda Eclectic into the top right corner using my Encore Gold ink and then stamped the bottom area with the large spatter from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Bermuda Bay ink.   I also stamped the sentiment from the retired Wishing You stamp set using Bermuda Bay ink.

For the trees, I simply punched out one each from Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay cardstock.  I ran each through the Big Shot in a different embossing folder:  Northern Flurry, Beautifully Baroque, and Delicate Designs.  The resulting texture of each was exactly what I hoped it would be.  I also cut a circle of Gold Foil using my Circles Framelits and embossed that using my Decorative Dots embossing folder.  I mounted the circle in the centre of the gold sun.  Then I mounted the trees, the Crumb Cake with glue and the other two using Dimensionals.

After adding three star sequins with a rhinestone in each centre, my card was finished.


For more cards using these inspiration photos, check out Stampin' Royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.