Thursday 30 October 2014

Northern Flurry embossed on vellum

Vellum can be used in so many different ways.  It adds a touch of elegance to almost every project in which it is included.   I always tuck a card into each order that I deliver, as a little thank you for the business, and this time I decided to make a Christmas card.

I wanted to keep it very simple but, of course, I wanted it to have a WOW factor as well.  With that in mind, I chose to use the Northern Flurry embossing folder on Vellum cardstock before stamping the little bear from the White Christmas stamp set in the lower right corner.  Using an embossing folder on Vellum is really effective.  The embossed lines become white where they're raised.  With the snowflakes of the Northern Flurry, that makes quite a winter statement.

I came to a grinding halt with my colours.  The Vellum was the easy part as was my decision to back it with a layer of Soft Sky.  After that, however, I waffled between having a base of Naturals White with a frame of Lost Lagoon around the Vellum combination or having a base of Night of Navy with a frame of Marina Mist around it.  Finally I made both and would say that I probably like the one with the Naturals White a bit more by a very slight margin.  What do you think?


I've coloured the little bear from the reverse side of the vellum using my Chalk Marker, added several rhinestones and a snowflake sequin.  The sentiment is from the hostess Good Greetings stamp set.

For more cards using vellum as their focus, check out Addicted to CAS.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS with these beautiful cards. The vellum is so beautifully embossed and I love that little bear so cute.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Marie. I really love the way vellum takes dry embossing. There's such an elegance to it.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous embossing and snowflakes are the perfect image to emboss on vellum. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandie. I do love the way vellum embosses.

      Delete
  3. Such cute projects; I love that little polar bear card; adorable! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Donna. I think the little polar bear is going to be used for years to come.

      Delete
  4. I love it!!! Of course, I do, there's a bear on it!!! :) Have you seen some of the bears I posted recently??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ter. I have and will be commenting. I've been lax about that---sorry.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.