Tuesday 9 December 2014

Santa & Co comes to the rescue! PCCCS #121

Sometimes life gets in the way.  That's been happening to me a lot these last few weeks.  I honestly didn't think I'd make this challenge, especially since I had a Stamp-a-Stack last night and making cards for challenges was the last thing on my mind.  Oh...and, of course, I'm heading a blog hop this Thursday.  But I do well under pressure and that saved me again this time.

I've had a love/hate relationship with the Santa & Co Designer Series Paper from the beginning.  There were some designs that I absolutely loved and some that, quite honestly, I couldn't see myself using.  The gorgeous Marina Mist blue design with all the wonderful snowflakes and the silly snow-people at the bottom of the page appealed to me.  I used the plain portion with the snowflakes on a number of cards and each time had to smile at those snow-people.  Well, this time I didn't stop with a smile.  This time I gave them their moment in the spotlight.

I used my Deco Labels Collection framelit to cut out three of the snow-people and then glued that die-cut to a piece of Real Red.  I carefully cut around the Real Red, allowing a narrow margin for the mat.  The Real Red made the scarf around the middle snowman's neck "pop".  For the base of my card I used Marina Mist and then added a layer of Naturals White on which I had stamped the largest of the splatter pattern from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Marina Mist ink.  I centred the Deco Label die-cut and attached it using Dimensionals.  Then I added some Silver Dazzling Details to the splatter pattern, attached three of the snowflakes from the Frosted Sequins Embellishments and six of the small silver sequins from the same embellishments.

A strip of the Silver Glimmer Paper, a tiny sentiment from the Holiday Home stamp set, stamped in Real Red on Whisper White and matted with Real Red, and the card was done.  It's a simple card but those silly snow-people will delight the recipient.


For more cards using this great sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 121 #cardsketch #stampinup #papercraftcrew

If you think the snow-people are adorable, too, and want to get the Designer Paper, just click on my online store and grab it at a discount price while stock lasts.  It's currently being offered in the Year-End Close-Out sale.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cheery and fun card Heidi! Your snow people are so cute and I love the way you have highlighted them with your handout red border and soft grunge splatters! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. The snow people really do make me smile.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the snowmen. My little boy immediately said "Olaf" when he saw the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Pam. Those snow people have such personalities.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.