Tuesday 16 December 2014

The sparkle of the stars

There are a lot of stars and star-related products available with Stampin' Up! at the moment.  This card has made use of a number of them.

On top of a base of Naturals White, I've attached a layer of Pacific Point which I first embossed using the Lucky Stars embossing folder.   Then I put the card through the Big Shot using my Ovals Collection framelit to cut out an oval centred on the layered front.  I used Pacific Point ink and that wonderful sentiment from the Christmas Bliss stamp set and centred that in the middle of the oval so that it stamped on the Whisper White which I had attached to the inside of the card.

To carry out the "sparkle of the stars", I added seven stars cut from the Silver Glimmer paper using various sizes of stars from my Stars framelits, the Circle Card thinlits and my tiny Star punch.  To finish up I simply stamped a short greeting from the Good Greetings stamp set on Whisper White cardstock using Pacific Point ink.   I cut that out using my Large Oval punch and mounted it on a piece of Silver Glimmer paper cut with my Scallop Oval punch.


It's quite dazzling in real life and shows off the various stars beautifully.

For more cards that are clean and simple, check out the Christmas Card Challenge.

For more cards that have a Christmas theme, check out The Paper Plunge.

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week! -Jessica CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica. Pacific Point is one of my favourite blues.

      Delete
  2. Love your sparkly stars, Heidi. Good to see you back. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsha. I've had a busy month so far.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card! So simple but has a WOW to it. Thanks for playing with us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robbie. Sometimes the simpler ones are the prettiest.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.