Wednesday 25 February 2015

PCCCS133 -- On Your Perfect Day

It's time for another Paper Craft Crew Challenge and the sketch this week is beautiful.  I love the square shape.  I don't do square cards that frequently, but those times that I do, I always find them exciting.


My first thought was to use the Best of Brides & Babies stamp set.  Along with a very simple colour palette such as Island Indigo, White and silver, this would be a very elegant wedding card.

For my base I used Naturals White to make my 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" card.  For my next layer I turned to Island Indigo and then added a layer of the star embossed Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper.  A bit of sponging on the Designer Paper using Island Indigo ink and some splatters in the same ink made the perfect background for the remainder of the card.

Using Island Indigo as my base for the small rectangle, I topped it with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock onto which I had heat embossed the bride and groom image using Silver embossing powder.  I also heat embossed the bells image from the same set onto a scrap of Shimmery White paper using the Silver embossing powder and then fussy-cut them out.  After cutting the bells, I mounted them on a scrap of Island Indigo cardstock and cut around them, leaving a thin frame of colour.


I decided to put the sentiment on a banner and so I used a narrow piece of Island Indigo and heat embossed it using White embossing powder.  The circle and second narrow banner are both cut from Silver Foil.  I used one of the larger Epoxy Sticker hearts backed with an Island Indigo heart as an accent on the Silver Foil circle as well as a few clear rhinestones.  

I hope you'll join us with your own creation for this week's challenge at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.