Sunday 22 March 2015

WCC20 -- Buffy's Sketch Challenge














Welcome!  Belated greetings to anyone who tried to visit only to discover there wasn't a post for the Watercooler Challenge.  This seems typical for my March.  There has been a degree of madness during the past few weeks that I can't easily explain.  Quite honestly, I would have sworn that I had my Challenge post scheduled for this morning.  Last night I went to bed, secure in the belief that I would wake up to seeing it on my blog and having comments.  Instead I discovered that no such post apparently exists.  Did I dream posting it?  Did the internet imps come and steal it away?  Right now I'm in the middle of a nasty cold, dripping from every conceivable orifice, feeling lousy and will believe anything.

Back to the Challenge.  This one is all about our very talented Watercooler Artist, Buffy Cooper.  Buffy created a sketch for us and I fell in love with it.


Right away I knew I would use the Butterfly Thinlits die instead for my main shape.  But first things first.  I began with a base of Naturals White and then added a layer of Crisp Cantaloupe followed by a layer of Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper sponged using Pistachio Pudding ink.    I added two butterflies.  The largest was cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and then I added a smaller one cut from Vellum cardstock.  The vellum butterfly has been heat embossed using Black embossing powder and the sentiment from the Good Greetings stamp set.  I also added some Gold Glitz Dazzling Details to the perimeter and let it dry before using Tombo glue to attach it to the larger butterfly.

Two strips of Washi tape, a strip of Gold Glimmer paper cut using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and I was ready to add three little flowers cut with one of my retired flower punches.  Their shape is perfect with the shape of the flowers in the Irresistibly Yours paper, isn't it?

I hope you'll join us at the Watercooler Challenge with your own version of Buffy's sketch.

I've also added my card to the {PIN}spirational Challenge which has an Inspirational Photo that also added inspiration for my creation.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, that gold butterfly really catches the eye! Beautiful job on this card! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I loved putting together this card.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Deanne. I enjoyed your challenge.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.