Wednesday 15 April 2015

PCCCS140 -- You Rock

I bought the You Rock stamp set and put it aside.  Today I finally used it and had such fun that I wonder why it took me so long.  The rocking chair allows for a lot of interpretation.  It could easily be used for a retirement card, a get well card, a birthday card or, as I've used it, simply as a card for a friend I admire.  Who wouldn't like to be told that they "rock"?

I am so happy that Stampin' Up! is offering the Sale-a-bration Designer Paper, Irresistibly Yours until the end of April if one orders the Butterflies Thinlits bundle.  I know several of my customers loved this paper as well and were waiting to buy the Butterflies Thinlits bundle during Sale-a-bration.  With the bundles becoming available again this week, at least they will not feel as if they "lost out".

I used the stars design and sponged it liberally with Daffodil Delight ink.  My card actually uses only three colours:  Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy and White.  Sometimes less is more.  I've interpreted the sketch for this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge loosely, using the rocking chair in place of the
circle.

PCCCCS104-158-013

I had fun repeating the star motif by using the Lucky Stars embossing folder on the Daffodil Delight banner and by adding a Night of Navy star cut using the Itty Bitty Accents punch.  In the centre of the Night of Navy star, I glued a Daffodil Delight star cut with the Confetti Stars punch and then topped it with one of the small stars from the Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy stickers.


The hardest part of the card?  Fussy-cutting out the rocking chair, of course.  But it sure looks good raised on Dimensionals, doesn't it?  

I've also entered my card into the {PIN}spirational "anything goes" challenge.  

2 comments:

  1. So cool!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.