Tuesday 19 May 2015

AW41 -- I'm There for You!

I don't get an opportunity to participate in all the challenges that I would like.  Life gets busy.  We all know how that goes.  Imagine my surprise when I had some time to spare and went back to one of my favourite challenges only to discover that this would be their last challenge.  Life has gotten in the way for most of the Design Team and so the Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge is closing forever.  I'll miss seeing the incredible designs by their talented team.

This final time they are offering a colour challenge.  Since it is using a mixture of retiring and current In-Colors, I embraced the chance to join the fun.


I decided to make a square easel card.  I had just received my package of sneak peek products from the brand new Annual Catalogue and was "itching" to try some out.   I also used a number of retiring products simply because I will miss them when they're no longer current and love the chance to use them now.  The Windows Collection framelits, for example, have such a unique shape and add so much interest to my card.  


What I love about the easel design is that it really shows off the card.  It stands beautifully on its own and can be placed anywhere.  I've done quite a bit of fussy-cutting for this card.  The butterflies from the retiring Build a Bouquet stamp set, for example, were hand-cut right to their little antennae.  I also added a bit of Dazzling Details to the white area on the wings.  In person, it picks up the light beautifully, glittering in a variety of colours.  The flower is from the brand new You've Got This stamp set and took quite a bit longer to fussy-cut, but the result is worth it.  

Here's my card, folded up and ready for a square envelope.


I hope you'll also join in for the final challenge at the Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.