Sunday 3 May 2015

WCC23 --- Marsha's Mother's Day Inspiration Challenge












Mother's Day is right around the corner.  Everywhere I look, I see floral arrangements on sale ALREADY.  Yes, it's coming up very soon but come on, any arrangement bought now isn't going to look too wonderful by May 10th.  Well, unless you happen to make the special Mom in your life a floral arrangement on paper.  That's where Marsha's inspiration photo comes in.  It's a photo of an absolutely gorgeous floral arrangement.

Aren't the flowers stunning?  I love the colours and the variety.  Just seeing the photo made me begin considering which stamp sets I could use to get a similar effect.  Immediately the Build a Bouquet set from the Occasions catalogue came to mind.  Of course the tulips from the Love is Kindness set, also from the Occasions catalogue, would be the perfect compliment.  

I did a lot of fussy-cutting for this card.  The larger flowers from the Build a Bouquet set were easy because I stamped them directly onto the Whisper White cardstock using Daffodil Delight ink and Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  I also stamped splatters all over the cardstock using the Gorgeous Grunge set and some Smoky Slate ink.  The sentiment, from Crazy About You stamp set and the Project Life Remember This stamp set is simple but that's what the card needs with all the fancy florals.

On another piece of Whisper White I stamped the tulips and then proceeded to fussy-cut them out as well as additional tulips which I had stamped and, of course an additional "newspaper" wrap which I had also stamped.  All in all, a lot of pieces which, once I had used my Stampin' Markers to colour everything, I attached to the centre of the stamped flowers using Tombo glue, dimensionals and glue dots.  


A few pearls set in the unstamped corners diagonally across from each other and my card is done.

For more cards using Marsha's inspirational photo, check out the Watercooler Challenge.

I've also entered my card into the SUO Mother's Day challenge.


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the background that you have created along with your perfect fussy-cut tulips :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments, Julie. I appreciate them.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, and the tulips look awesome. So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. Those tulips are such fun to layer for added dimension. I'll miss them. Tulips were among my mother's favourite flowers.

      Delete
  3. Wow, so bright and positively stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.