Wednesday 5 August 2015

PCCCS156 -- You Rock!

I love sketch challenges---a good thing since I'm on the Design Team for the Paper Craft Crew Challenges which are purely sketch challenges.  Once in a while, however, I find myself staring at a sketch without my usual flash of inspiration.  Don't get me wrong.  There is nothing wrong with the sketch.  I just hit a wall and come up blank.

I had that happen to me with this week's sketch.  One by one I saw cards being posted by other members of the Design Team, all wonderful interpretations of the sketch, and I remained "blank".


Just as I was dropping off to sleep the other day, I realized that I knew what I wanted to do with the sketch.  I could see the whole card in a flash.  It was perfect, as long as I flipped the sketch horizontally and then vertically.  

And so, the next morning, I grabbed the products I had "seen" in that flash and made my card in record time.  (Don't you just love when that happens?)  The colours I chose were Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Basic Black and, to give it a "pop" of colour, some Watermelon Wonder.

I used a piece of the Go Wild Designer Series paper stack which, for me, appeared to have rocks in the design and combined it with the No Bones About It stamp set.  Those dinosaurs just make me smile.  I also used the Little Letters thinlits and combined it with the "Rock" from the Crazy About You stamp set.  A few stars punched out from a piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock and the card was done.


Do you recognize the sketch?  Funny how the mind works.  Flipped this way, I had no problems coming up with inspiration.  Why don't you join us at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge to see the other cards and link up a card of your own?


1 comment:

  1. Heidi, it's perfect for this sketch and it's perfectly adorable, besides! I want to make one just like it (well, almost just like it)!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.