Sunday 9 August 2015

WCC30 -- Many Thanks!

It's time for another Watercooler Challenge and this one is so much fun.  Susan Horr added a challenge for a 3-D project.  I didn't even have to think about what I would make.  It was my nephew's wedding this weekend and so a wedding favour seemed very appropriate.


I had a chance to use several framelits and thinlits for this project.  First of all the favour box itself was cut out using the Curvy Keepsake Box thinlit.  I used that gorgeous Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper for the box and it sparkles just like a diamond ring.  For the double butterfly decoration, I used  the smallest of the Butterflies thinlits to cut out a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock and the smallest of the Bold Butterfly framelits to cut out a piece of Silver Foil.   For the centre I added rhinestones to add to the dazzle.

For the sentiment I used the Another Thank You set with Mint Macaron ink and cut it out using a Bitty Banners framelit.  I sponged Mint Macaron ink around the perimeter after cutting it out.  Then, to attach it to the top of the box, I used a paper clip die cut from Silver Foil using one of the Project Life Paper Clip thinlits.  To hold the box together, I wrapped it with some Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim which I tied in a pretty bow.  I love how easily this soft ribbon ties into a bow.  It's definitely one of my favourite ribbons.

I hope you'll check out the remaining projects posted by our Watercooler Artists.  Better still, link up your own 3-D project for us to see.  Who knows, you may be the winner of this challenge.

Just click on the Watercooler Challenge to see all the other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.