Wednesday 16 September 2015

PCCCS162 - Happy Birthday Wishes

The Awesomely Artistic stamp set was among my top three picks from the Annual Catalogue this year.  I love the various images, especially the dragonfly.  Happily this week's sketch lent itself perfectly to the stamp set.


I began with a base of Smoky Slate cardstock and then added a layer of Basic Black.  For the diagonal stripes in the background, I chose the Designer Series Paper Stack.  I wanted to add some glitz to the card and so used Gold Foil embossed using the new Softly Falling embossing folder.  For my main rectangle I used a base of Basic Black and then stamped my images using the new Archival Basic Gray ink.  I only coloured a few of the blossoms with my Melon Mambo Stampin' Marker.  After stamping the dragonfly image using Bermuda Bay, I fussy-cut it out and then covered the wings with some Dazzling Details.  


I hope you'll check out the remaining Design Team cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge site and join us with a card of your own this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.