Wednesday 23 September 2015

WWC35 - You'll Be Missed

One of the things I've liked about other challenges has been participating in the occasional "anything goes" challenge.  It's always been such fun whenever they've come around because there are no rules---anything can be created and posted.  Imagine, therefore, my delight to see that our Watercooler Wednesday included an "anything goes" challenge for this week.  Actually the only problem I ran into was that I couldn't settle on any one idea.  Finally, however, I decided on a card.  You know what they say.  When in doubt, do what you enjoy.

Marsha introduced this "anything goes" challenge for September and I love the image for her challenge.  It's a box filled with surprises.  I hope our challenge and all our creations provide you with some happy surprises (and inspiration).


I've been loving the new window die introduced in the Holiday Catalogue.  The Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies also comes with a little window box die.  I''ve just used the window itself.  I decided to use a base of Whisper White and then added a layer of Early Espresso and a layer of Tip Top Taupe.  The Tip Top Taupe underwent some work before it was added.  First I took my Brick Wall embossing folder, used my Brayer to add Whisper White Craft ink to it and then embossed the cardstock.  To "age" the brick a bit more, I very lightly sponged a bit of the craft ink on the bricks.  For the fancy little corner at the left bottom, I used the Curvy Corner Trio punch.

 Although I usually cut the windows in white, I decided to cut this one from Early Espresso.  As a background I used a piece of Marina Mist and love the way the colour compliments the earth tones.  I know that the window die set comes with a matching stamp set of background "through the window" scenes, the Happy Scenes set.  They're great but I like to try scenes that are also possible using other stamp sets that I've bought.  For this one I used the White Christmas set which was introduced last winter and was added to this year's Annual Catalogue.  You can see I also used the Curvy Corner Trio punch for a fancy corner on the Marina Mist piece to compliment the one in the brick.  Well, I also used that same punch to add notches into the brick along the top and bottom right of the card so that my ribbon would lie nicely.  What a versatile punch, right? 


That sentiment is from the Wild About Flowers set and was cut out using one of the new Tags & Labels Framelits.

I hope you'll check out the "anything goes" projects created by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday challenge.  Better still, consider linking up your own project for us to enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi. Love the scene you`ve created here. You`re inspiring me to get out my window frame and actually use it. It`s been in the box calling my name since it arrived last week but I haven`t had time to sit down and actually play with it. Simply a great card! Thanks for the tips on how you embossed your brick wall, and it`s nice to see the window frame in a different colour. Really an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I'm enjoying the window frame but, as you can see, am using a variety of different scenes from other current stamp sets. The window frame can be cut in as many colours as houses have window colours. You'll love using it when you finally listen to its "siren call".

      Delete
  2. LOVE, love, love this card! Thanks for inspiring me to think out of the Box with this Window Frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kat. What a lovely thing to say.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.