Wednesday 20 January 2016

WWC51 - The Sky is the Limit


This week's challenge is one we haven't had before.  It's a CAS (clean and simple) challenge presented by Bev and it's all about stars.


Clean and simple is a technique with which I really struggled when I first began to enter various challenges.  It's a lot harder than one might think.  Some CAS challenges are for single layers.  Those really are a challenge.  You have the one single layer of cardstock on which you do your stamping.  The more "white space" or "negative space" you leave, the better your card.  Bev's challenge is CAS but it is not restricted to a single layer.  As with the single layer, however, you want to leave white space and keep any embellishments to a minimum.

I knew what I would use on my card.  I had the idea of stars and that wonderful bi-plane from The Sky is the Limit stamp set along with the signature sentiment.  I didn't want to glue on some stars and add to my layers and then I remembered my Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks.  I  hadn't used the stars stencil in ages and it would be perfect for the card.

You can see the stencilled Daffodil Delight stars which I've scattered across the middle of the Whisper White cardstock.  I left room to add the bi-plane on the lower left of the stars and the sentiment on the upper right of the stars.


Since I used a base of Basic Black cardstock, I stamped the bi-plane and the sentiment using Basic Black Archival ink.  My one small embellishment is a star which I punched from Daffodil Delight cardstock and coloured with my Gold Wink of Stella brush.

I hope you'll take the time to check out the other Watercooler Artists' creations at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  After that, I invite you to link up your own clean and simple creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.