Tuesday 9 February 2016

PCCCS181 - Be My Valentine

In just a few days it will be Valentine's Day and, of course, that is an open invitation to create a few cards using the Valentine theme of love, love, love.  That's what I decided to do with this week's sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.


I decided to use the smaller of the two roses from the Rose Garden Thinlits dies to cut out a rose from a piece of Real Red cardstock.  Taking the red as part of my "theme", I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White followed by a layer of Real Red and then a layer of Whisper White.  On that Whisper White layer I stamped the flourish image from the Timeless Textures set, using the Silver Encore ink.  
Then I cut a smaller rectangle of Real Red on which I mounted a piece of Whisper White.  Onto that I attached the die-cut Real Red rose.  I love the effect but decided it looked a bit stark and so cut another rose from a piece of Silver Foil.  I took the negative pieces from the Silver Foil and added them to the Real Red rose and knew that's what it had needed.  Before mounting this on the base, I added two strips of Washi Tape to the lower portion of the base as well as a strip of the pretty printed Botanical Gardens vellum stack.

After attached the smaller rectangle, I added another small flower cut with the Rose Garden Thinlits dies from Real Red and then attached a thin banner with the sentiment across that.  A few added Real Red and Silver Foil hearts and the card was done.


I hope you've join us this week at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.