Wednesday 16 March 2016

WWC59 - Bev's Colour Challenge


It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and this time Bev has provided us with a colour challenge.  But this is no ordinary colour challenge.  This colour challenge is all about the greens.


At first glance I thought "what am I going to do with all those greens!"  My normal inclination would have been to have lots of flowers but with nothing except for greens in the palette, that wasn't going to happen.  And then I remembered that the day after the challenge opens will be St. Patrick's Day.  Who needs flowers?  St. Patrick's Day is all about the foliage.

I began with a card base of Heavy Whisper White followed by a layer of Mossy Meadow.  Then I took a piece of Whisper White and proceeded to stamp all over it with the various greens in this challenge, using images from the Timeless Textures, By the Tide and Awesomely Artistic.  After stamping, I embossed the piece using the Decorative Dots embossing folder.

For The smaller rectangle I used a backing of Crisp Cucumber embossed using the Softly Falling embossing folder and rounded the corners using the Project Life Corner punch.  On a smaller piece of Whisper White I first stamped the foliage from the Awesomely Artistic set using Mint Macaron, off-stamped twice.  Then I used the heart from the Work of Art stamp set to stamp the shamrock using Crisp Cucumber ink.  Before attached the smaller rectangle to the card with Dimensionals, I added a piece of Crisp Cucumber Dotted Lace Trim with another piece of the Lace Trim in Mint Macaron knotted around it.


I hope you'll check out the rest of the Watercooler Artists' creations at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  With all that inspiration, I trust you'll link up your own card and join the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.