Wednesday 11 May 2016

WWC67 - A Butterfly Box for You


It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and this one is hosted by Deborah Smart.  Instead of your everyday card challenge, Deborah made this one all about boxes.


I love decorating ready-made or found boxes but this time I decided to male a very special box with the Curvy Keepsake Box framelits.   I chose to make my box out of the Vellum cardstock and then embossed the vellum using the Fluttering embossing folder.  I loved all the raised butterflies on the vellum but to make them "pop" even more, I coloured each butterfly with my Stampin' Markers.  That took a while.

For my base I used the soon-to-retire Floral Frames Framelits and the Leaflets Framelits.  The butterflies on top of the box were cut with the Butterflies Thinlets.  All along the edges of the Curvy Keepsake Box I heat embossed Gold embossing powder.


Stamps:  Watercolor Wings
Paper:  Vellum Cardstock, Real Red, Garden Green, Gold Glimmer Paper, Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
Inks:  Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Real Red, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Versamark
Tools:  Floral Frames Framelits, Leaflets Framelits, Butterflies Thinlets, Curvy Keepsake Box Framelit, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Fluttering Embossing Folder

I hope you'll check out the boxes the other Watercooler Artists created at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and then link up a box of your own.


4 comments:

  1. What a labour of love, Heidi! All that time spent colouring the butterflies paid off - they're gorgeous. The black outlines really make them 'pop'. I love how you created a flower base for your butterflies - because what else would a butterfly land on? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. That was my farewell flower for those retiring Floral Frames Framelits. I'll miss them. The butterflies? I love how they turned out but questioned my sanity while doing the colouring.

      Delete
  2. WOWSERS!!! msome of you folks are full of artistic & creative juices! I like to keep an eye on you, Heidi, as you are so full of ideas, color combos & anything else creative!! Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial..........you're the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your generous praise, Susan.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.