Wednesday 15 June 2016

WWC72 - Jean's Colour Challenge


It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and this colour challenge is hosted by Jean Fitch.  Because they're still very new for us, Jean chose the 2016-18 In-Colors.  I welcome the opportunity to get to know those colours better.

Because there are five colours, Jean has allowed that 3, 4, or all 5 of the colours may be used for this challenge.  Of course I decided that I would use all five of the colours.  But you expected that, right?

My first thought was flowers.  I guess that since the Botanical Blooms were introduced, my first thought, especially with such bright and pretty colours, is usually flowers.  But I challenged myself to find something else, especially among the new bundles that have been offered in the new catalogue.  The resulting card is a mixture of stamp sets and framelits that, surprisingly, work very well together.

My base is Dapper Denim followed by a piece of Whisper White upon which I did my watercolouring and stamping.  Actually, the only stamping on the piece is the sun for which I used one of the images from the Swirly Bird set and Peekaboo Peach.  After I stamped that, I used my Aqua Painter and Dapper Denim ink to create the watercoloured streaky background.  And then I stamped the sentiment at the bottom right using Dapper Denim ink.

The leaf and flowers were cut using the Botanical Builder framelits and then sponged using the inks which matched the cardstocks.  The "swirly" covering the stamped sun and the long green "vines" were cut using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits.  And the flamingo was stamped using Flirty Flamingo ink on Flirty Flamingo cardstock and then hand-cut.  I added the white on the face and wings using my White Stampin' Chalk marker and then added black details to the face and legs using my Basic Black marker.  


A bit of bling by centring rhinestones on the flowers finished up my card.  I hope you'll check out the other creations by the Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge post.


2 comments:

  1. Heidi your sentiment on your card says it all "you're fabulous". This card is so colourful and beautifully designed. I really like how the flowers and leaf from Botanicals go with the line image from Swirly Birds. Perfect matchup. Thanks for inspiring as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Penny. The twisted lines really do remind me of tropical vines. It's nice to see several of our new products combine so well. It allows for so many more options in using them.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.