Wednesday 29 June 2016

WWC74 - Hello!


What's new about today's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge?  It's all about tags!  What a fun change of pace!


Our hostess, Marsha Reed, wants to see any type of tag creation, whether it be a tag by itself, a tag featured on a card, a tag on a tag or a tag attached to something.  My choice?  Well, I decided to make a tag, all by itself.  I wanted to focus on our wonderful new copper embossing powder.

I used three colours for my tag:  Night of Navy, Whisper White and Crumb Cake.  The two layers of cardstock are Night of Navy and Heavy Whisper White.  After heat embossing the image from the Timeless Textures set along the left side and bottom of the Night of Navy piece, I set it aside and began work on the Whisper White piece.  Using Night of Navy and Crumb Cake inks, I stamped various images from the Timeless Textures and Butterfly Basics sets along the piece, some in full colour and others off-stamped once to reduce the colours.  A few heat embossed splatters of copper and the stamping was done.  Then I used my distressing tool on the left and bottom edges of the piece before sponging Crumb Cake ink around the perimeter.

I used the large butterfly image from the Papillon Potpourri set and copper embossing powder to heat emboss my butterfly on Night of Navy cardstock.  I love how the finished piece looks as if it's copper metal inlaid with cobalt blue glass.  I would wear a pin like that!  (I confess that instead of using the matching Elegant Butterfly punch, I fussy-cut the butterfly in order to retain those antennae.)

I love how easily the new lightly woven Burlap Ribbon folds.  It was a simple matter to tie a bow of White Baker's Twine around the top, anchoring it on the tag.

Come on over to our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and check out the other tag creations by our Watercooler Artists.  And then...why not link up your own tag for us to enjoy?

4 comments:

  1. Heidi this is such a beautiful tag. I really like the combination of stamps you've used to create the beautiful mottled honeycomb and textured background. The embossed copper portions of the tags, especially the contrast with the Night of Navy, add such a special accent to this tag! Your butterfly is outstanding and I love the fact that you took such extra care to preserve those antennae by fussy cutting them out. You are indeed the queen of fussy cutting. Bravo and thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. Initially I had such trouble deciding which stamps I would use for that background but in the end, I'm glad I chose the ones I did. The copper is quickly becoming my favourite heat embossed metal. It has such warmth and looks wonderful against so many colours. The butterfly was just a bit of my "madness" but I simply had to retain those antennae.

      Delete
  2. Heidi my favourite kind of stamping here. Collage! Just love this tag you have created. So much detail to look at. Doesn't that copper EP look amazing over the Night of Navy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vicki. I don't do enough collage stamping and so I struggled with my choices. Looking at the finished results, I question why I don't do more. I guess we get into a creative rut.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.