Wednesday, 13 July 2016

WWC76 - You're In My Thoughts


It's time for another challenge and this one is a Clean & Simple challenge hosted by Penny Hanuszak.  Penny's theme for the challenge is "butterflies".


Since I love butterflies and there are a number of wonderful butterfly stamps in the catalogue, it was just a matter of deciding which images I would use.  That sounds simple, doesn't it, but when I laid my stamp sets containing butterflies on the table, I realised that I loved them all.  That made choosing a whole lot more difficult.  Things got a bit tense over here when I put aside my second stamped piece of Whisper White because I had changed my mind---again.

Finally it came down to the simple fact that I had missed my deadline and I had to go forward with a stamp set.  And so I chose the Kinda Eclectic set and never looked back.  We have new rules for the clean and simple and so I chose to have a base for my card using the Dapper Denim cardstock.  Then I cut a piece of Whisper White onto which I would do all my stamping.  Since I wanted a tag but our new rules do not allow any embellishments or die-cuts, I decided to do a bit of masking.  That way I could have my tag but still follow the rules.

I chose the sentiment from the beautiful Watercolor Wishes Kit and stamped it using Dapper Denim.  Then I cut my tag using Tags & Labels Framelits so that I could use the tag shape to mask my sentiment and stamp over it leaving the tag shape empty of stamping.  And so I added the sun image using Crushed Curry ink.  Then I stamped one of the leaf images using Mint Macaron stamped off once above the sun along the right side and then below the sun on the right side.  Finally I added three of the larger butterfly images using Dapper Denim ink stamped off once.


After I had completed all those images, I took the tag blank and centred it over my sentiment so that I could trace around the perimeter using Dapper Denim ink and then sponge lightly into the tag shape to give it dimension.

I hope you'll check out the creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  I'd love to see your clean and simple card linked up this week.


4 comments:

  1. Love this card Heidi all those colours look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona. They're not colours I readily use together, but they're very natural together. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Heidi,this is really a CASeable card. I love it. The tag masking that you did really sets off the sentiment. I was so happy to see the Kinda Eclectic stamp set wasn't retired this year as I love the sun and leaf images, but I'd totally forgotten that beautiful butterfly image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. Like you, I overlooked the butterfly images in the Kinda Eclectic set. It wasn't until I pulled every current set which I own that includes butterflies, that I remembered them. I love the "cross-hatched" details of this particular butterfly. It is very distinctive and I really should use it more.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.