Wednesday 7 September 2016

PCC210 - Eeek!

We have an interesting sketch this week for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  It could be used for so many occasions, especially with the strip of Designer Paper under the main images.


Of course I wanted to use some of my new products from the Holiday Catalogue and it was touch and go whether I was going to choose Hallowe'en or Christmas.  There are some awesome stamps for both holidays.  In the end I decided to play with my new Spooky Fun stamp set and the dies designed for the set, the Hallowe'en Scenes edgelits.  I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp for some additional background.  For my Designer Paper I took a piece of my black and white striped Neutrals Designer Series Stack and sponged it with the colours I would be using for the card:  Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, and Elegant Eggplant.

For the leafy spiral in the background I used a cute flourish die which I had bought some time ago.  Underneath I added a circle of Delightful Dijon.  On top of that I added a piece of Whisper White matted with Pumpkin Pie, on which I stamped the gravestones and the floating ghosts.  Lightly sponging and distressing the paper added to the generally spooky atmosphere.   Instead of a ribbon, I decided to add a spider's web (complete with a spider, of course) which spans almost all the way across the top of the card and then finished up with a bat in the right upper corner.

The little pumpkins in the set worked perfectly beside the main images, especially after I added a face to one with a speech bubble coming from it.  Hallowe'en is a fun time.  Great for ghost stories and dressing up.  This set would be perfect for invitations to dress up parties.


I hope you'll check out the cards created by the rest of the Design Team at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.


2 comments:

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.