Thursday 22 December 2016

WWC99 - Sparkle with Joy and Happiness!


We've come full circle with the challenge we're offering this week.  We began with Clean & Simple challenges and then tried to make them as simple as possible.  Not the best of our ideas.  And now we are back to the current style of Clean & Simple where we do like some empty space, we prefer less ornate, less-multi-layered styles, but welcome a modest amount as well as a modest amount of embellishment.  This week Marsha Reed is hosting this Clean & Simple challenge and has chosen "hearts" as her theme.

Since we are approaching Christmas, this will be a two week challenge, not closing until 5 p.m. Mountain Time on January 2nd.  Lots of time to be inspired and to create!

I challenged myself with masking rather than layering my heart and pine branches.  You know, that old "she thought she could do it, so she did".  Well, that was me and I love the results.  To dress it up somewhat, I used versamark on the green in my bottom right hand sentiment and then tried the Emerald Envy Glitter Stampin' Emboss Powder.  It sparkled beautifully.  It's a subtle addition but I love it.  And since we're allowing embellishments, what better than three of the red Brights Star Sequins?  With a tiny rhinestone in each centre, these stars sparkle.


Isn't it pretty?  And yet it's quite Clean & Simple.  I hope you'll check out the creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

And remember, you have until January 2nd (next year) to link up your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.