Wednesday 1 March 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #108 - Congratulations


Sketch challenges really make me think.  It's easy to create a card but keeping to the sketch takes a bit more planning.  The diagonal lines in Gail Allen's sketch challenge this week really made me sit back and consider how I could use my stamps and Designer Paper.  But it's that extra bit of thinking and planning that I believe helps me to think outside the box and become more creative.


I had just gotten the gorgeous Dragonfly Dreams bundle before our blog hop and so I was determined to use it for this challenge.  I thought it would be perfectly partnered with one of the beautiful images from the Serene Scenery Designer Series stack.  The greens and yellows with the bokeh just begged to be used.  I had a number of ideas for using a shape upon which a dragonfly would perch but in the end decided to swap out the small rectangle in the sketch for the "flight of dragonflies".  I think it works perfectly for the design.  That gave me the area above the diagonal line and also the "rectangle".  For the lower portion I must have changed my mind half a dozen times.  Finally I decided to use the Old Olive cardstock which I first embossed using the Seaside embossing folder.  Used vertically I think it looks just like grasses, especially since I sponged over the raised lines with Old Olive ink.

My "flight of dragonflies" took a while.  Instead of just using the die cut as it was, I decided to cut a second one and used the negative bits to fill out the spaces in the first die cut.  And so I wound up with the outlines of the dragonflies in the new Sale-a-bration Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper with the wings filled in with our beautiful Gold Glimmer Paper.  Don't they look wonderful together?  And the sparkle!  Simply breathtaking.


I hope you enjoyed my creation.  You'll have to drop by the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists.  And then I invite you to link up your own card for us to enjoy.  Remember, you have until Monday, March 6th.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, Your card is breathtaking! I love what you did with the grasses E.F. , and how you created the flight of the dragonflys. The dragonflys are beautiful and really POP out at you. That mixture of glimmer paper was perfect! And the sentiment is perfect as well! Your card is truly Stunning!















    f

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi such a great card! Love how your flight of butterflies shimmer in all their glory on the DSP. Great choice. I also like how you used the wave design from the Seaside EF in a vertical fashion. It truly looks like tall grass moving in the breeze created by your butterflies. Great job with the negative images from the dies too.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.