Sunday 23 April 2017

Earth Day 2017

This is a day late because our Blog Hop post was still current yesterday, but my card was created on Earth Day and was posted on Facebook as well.  It's my little reminder to myself (and to others) that the Earth is fragile and lovely and important.  We can't just take it for granted and we have to think of future generations as well.  Let's keep a healthy Earth for ourselves and for those who follow.


My card is a mixture of old and new.  The background embossing folder retired but will stay in my stash for some time yet.  By using my brayer to ink it with Marina Mist, I managed to really make the water and continents "pop".  The green layer between that and my base of Whisper White is cut from Garden Green---a singularly appropriate name for a colour on Earth Day, don't you agree?

I decided to use the Tree Builder punch because its size was best for this card.  The trunk is Soft Suede white the foliage is, again, Garden Green.  For my sentiment I turned to the retired Trust God set and only stamped three lines.  For "The Earth" I turned to my Project Life Journaling pen and copied the style of script by hand.  I think it works nicely.

The dragonfly and bee are from  the Touches of Texture set while the butterfly is from the retiring Papillon Potpourri set.

I'm happy with my 2017 Earth Day card.  I'm also happy that so many people take note of this important day and get together to improve our Earth.  We need to remember how important it is---after all, it's the only Earth we have.  Let's keep it healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.