Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Colour Throwdown #444 - Thank You

I love simplicity.  As soon as I saw the challenge over at Colour Throwdown, I knew I would enter it.  Simplicity---and, of course, I'm a sucker for Lilies-of-the-Valley.


Beautiful inspirational picture, isn't it?  It caught my eye and my imagination and I immediately began thinking about what would look perfect and yet simple in those colours.


I decided on a simple white background onto which I attached first a leafy swirl of Pear Pizzazz cut using the Swirly Squiggles thinlits and then a Smoky Slate bird cut using the Birds & Blooms thinlits.  I added a bit more interest to the leafy swirl by attaching three tiny die-cut flowers.  Finally, I added a small Pear Pizzazz sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners set.

I hope you'll check out the other great cards at the Color Throwdown this week.

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Heidi- I had lily of the valley in my bouquet when I got married 32 years ago! I love the Birds sets - one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colors! So glad you played along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, love that awesome bird and the green swirl!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.