Wednesday 28 June 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #125 - Kath's Christmas Challenge


This week's challenge is hosted by Kath Ricks and is all about Christmas.  But wait!  It's not just a Christmas card.  No, for this one Kath is asking for non-tradional Christmas colours.  Isn't that fun!


I've been itching to use the brand new Christmas stamp set offered in Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalogue.  "Nature Sings" is not just perfect for Christmas but for any time of the year if you want to make something "outdoorsy" for the man in your life.   I love the natural looking reindeer and, of course, the trees and branch.

For my card I chose to use the smaller stamp with the two reindeer.  That was the easy part.  I stamped them on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and cut them out using the Stitched Circle framelit.  After adding a light colour wash of blue behind them and a bit of colour to their bodies, I mounted the circle on a piece of Copper Foil.

Now let's talk about the background piece.  I used the wonderful new Glossy White cardstock.  Then I took my Bermuda Bay stamp pad and my Crumb Cake stamp pad and smooshed them on a piece of smooth plastic.  After spraying them lightly with water, I dipped my Glossy White cardstock into it and, after a few seconds, pulled it staight up and off the plastic.  The results after drying make the loveliest pattern, don't they?

Once that was dry, I stamped the trees twice, using the Archival Basic Black ink and then used my Layering Circles framelit to cut a circle near the bottom right and mounted my reindeer backed with the copper foil in place.  Then I mounted that onto a layer of Early Espresso and then onto the base of Crumb Cake.

For the snowflakes I turned to another brand new set of Thinlits, the "Seasonal Layers".  I cut out two smaller snowflakes from the Copper Foil and then a larger one from the Bermuda Bay cardstock.  


And there you have my non-traditional colours Christmas card.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  After that, link-up your own card for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.