Wednesday 12 July 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #127 - Judy's "All About Birthdays" Challenge


This week Judy Markowitz is hosting our first ever "All About Birthdays" challenge.  What fun!  I know that except for Christmas, birthdays definitely demand the most cards from me during the year.

Of course I wanted to use some of the new goodies which I ordered when the new Stampin' Up! catalogue was introduced.   So much to choose from...

Because I'm fascinated with the new Modelling Paste, I decided it would play a central part in the card.  Unfortunately I just didn't get inspired by the new masks (stenciles) and so I made one of my own using the Oh So Eclectic bundle.  The diamond open-work die seemed perfect for my needs.  Instead of adding colour this time, I left the modelling paste white so that it would pop against the Fresh Fig background.  Once that dried, I was stumped for the rest of the card and set the piece aside for several weeks.

I rediscovered the piece this week and suddenly I knew what I wanted to do with it.  I pulled out the new Lemon Zest stamp set and proceeded to stamp the full lemon image as well as the slice.  Just because I wanted a more "lemony" colour, first I stamped the images using a stamped off Lemon Lime Twist and then I stamped over that using the Daffodil Delight.  I like the way it produced a more natural lemon colour, don't you?

Of course I had to fussy cut the images.  Then I adhered them over the Modelling Paste using Dimensionals.  I heat embossed the two parts of the sentiment at the top left and bottom right of the piece using Whisper White embossing powder.  As a final touch I added some of the "diamonds" which I had cut from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock using the same die from the Oh So Eclectic bundle.  In the centre of the die-cuts I attached a small Clear Faceted Gem.


My base is Heavy Whisper White.  Then I added a layer of Lemon Lime Twist and then my image layer.

I hope you'll check out the cards made by the other Watercooler Artists for Judy's "All About Birthdays" Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Heidi you went all out on this bright and colourful birthday card. Love the sentiment and the embossed lemon. The Fresh Fig background was a perfect choice and showcases the lemon so well.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.