Saturday 7 October 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More #262 - Thinking of You

One of my favourite challenges over at the Accidted to Stamps and More Challenge blog is their "Make your mark" challenge.  As you already know, I love playing with colours whether it's Oxide Inks, markers, watercolouring or Alcohol inks.  Their challenge is clearly made with me in mind.

I had created a background on Glossy Paper using several of the Oxide inks.  I wanted it to be reminiscent of an underwater seascape and so I used Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber along the bottom.  Then I went a bit wild with a number of colours for the top, including Wilted Violet, Broken China and Faded Jeans (don't those names make you smile?)  I was pretty satisfied with the results and so used it for this challenge.

I added some seaweed and fish from the Seaside Shore stamp set.  The seaweed I stamped and coloured using Shabby Shutters Distress ink as well as Pear Pizzazz ink.  For my fish, I stamped them on a scrap of Whisper White paper and then coloured them in using my markers.  They fit in perfectly, don't they?  Especially raised up on dimensionals, I think they add a much-needed touch to the scene.  Finally I stamped my sentiment using Basic Black ink and then layered the scene onto Bermuda Bay cardstock and then onto Heavy Very Vanilla cardstock.



I hope you'll check out the other fun cards at the Addicted to Cards and More Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous under water scene with lovely colours and colouring. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.