Thursday 12 October 2017

Thinking of You - Fun with my new Stampin' Blends

I loved using the Blendabilities but Stampin' Up! pulled them because of design problems.  Now, a few years later, new alcohol inks have been introduced with a brand new name, Stampin' Blends.  Well you know what the Bard said about a rose by any other name, right?  I had to try out the new pens to see how they compared to the originals.  Since my order arrived the day before yesterday, trying them out has been foremost on my mind.  But you know how life gets in the way.

Today I tried the new Stampin' Blends out on images which are from another company but, well, I fell in love.  So I had to have them.  Of course it helps that the image I used really let me try a lot of colours and also helped me to see just how good the pens are in tight places.  Overall, I'd give them an "A".  Easy to work with, excellent results.


I used the stylized image of the owl three times as you can see.  Two of the images are upright while one is hanging upside down.  Two of the images also share the same colours while one is the odd man out.  Well, there is a reason for that. 

I'm entering this card into the CASology challenge which has the "cue word" ODD.  Under the circumstances you can understand the layout, right?  There is an "ODD" number of owls.  One owl is the "ODD" man out in colour. 

I also created this card as a single layer card because I intended to enter it into the Inkspirational challenge.  

And finally, I'm also entering the card into the Crafty Catz Challenge which calls for a clean and simple card.

12 comments:

  1. Wow great colouring and so many vibrant ones. I love the soft background. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lea. There is a fox in the set, too, which I am anxious to try.

      Delete
  3. This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz and good luck..Hope to see you again.

    Caz CC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This caught my eye on the thumbnail display. I adore all things owls! Your colouring is super and I do like the soft background that frames the fun owls. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deborah. I love owls as well and this image adds to the fun with all the various colouring possibilities.

      Delete
  5. What great use of color! Your blending looks fantastic to me! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shauna. I've been having fun trying out my new alcohol inks.

      Delete
  6. Hey Heidi!! I love your owls!! They are surly odd, but cute. You did a great job. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kymona. They're oddly cute, aren't they?

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.