Wednesday 25 October 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #142 - Charlotte's "All About Christmas" Challenge


It's getting colder outside and as much as I resist admitting that winter is getting closer, I know that it won't be long before that white stuff is covering the ground.  Of course that means Christmas is just around the corner, too.  Time to get Christmas cards made so I can get them to the Post Office before the dealine.  Thank goodness for challenges like this which make me think about using those Christmas stamps.  This week's challenge, "All About Christmas", is hosted by Charlotte Ehrukainen.


For this card I decided to use less traditional Christmas colours.  Yes, there is some sparkle to it but overall it's simply Basic Black, Basic Grey, Whisper White and Smoky Slate.  I think you'll agree that the dies and stamps carry off the neutrals very well.

I began with a base of Basic Grey followed by a layer of Whisper White.  For my next layer of Smoky Slate, I went to work on it before adding it to the card.  First I cut out an oval using my Stitched Ovals framelits.  Then I used the Softly Falling embossing folder to give it texture.  I also used the same Stitched Oval framelit to cut out a piece of the Black and White starry sheet from the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series paper.

Instead of putting aside the Smoky Slate stitched oval, I pencilled in approximately where I planned it to be within the cut-out oval area and then used Basic Black to stamp the image of the two reindeer from the Nature Sings set.  Once I had done that, I coloured them in with my Basic Black Stampin' Market so that they would be silhouettes.  Once everything had been fit together within the oval and attached, the card was ready for my glittery foreground.

I cut the trees using the dies from the Card Front Builder Thinlits Die set from a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.  Then I cut the "curvy hills" using the dies from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits set from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper as well.  I had to cut the wavy lines apart but they created a perfect landscape, didn't they?


As a finishing touch I added small rhinestones to each of the stars in the "sky".  I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this scene is so lovely and peaceful. I really like your colour combo and the hills created with the Swirly Scribbles. Perfect hills. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely seen Heidi. It's so peaceful. I really like the monochrome look, and the touch of sparkle is beautiful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! after your visit to me I thought I would return the compliment, I'm so glad I did, I have just spent a happy time looking through your gorgeous, clever work. I LOVE this card, after trying to put together a couple of dies myself to no avail, I am bowled over by it and the design and details.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SOOO pretty Heidi! Love these colors too! Makes for a very stunning Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.