Monday 1 January 2018

Inkspirational #151 - Stamping only

It's been a while since I did nothing but stamp.  My cards are usually a combination of stamping, die-cuts, colouring and whatever else appeals at the moment.  Of course I had to have a go at a challenge that demanded nothing but stamping.

I turned to a number of sets which I haven't used for a while.  For my background I used the Work of Art set and placed my grass as well as a couple of clouds.  I'm not at home and so finding ink that would work was a challenge in itself since I just grabbed my Memento stamp pad and Stampin' Blends to play with while house-sitting.  I did find a few mini Distress inks and they worked out perfectly well.  My clouds, therefore, are Milled Lavender and the grass is Shabby Shutters.

I turned to the Sheltering Tree set for the rest of my images.  The tree is stamped using Walnut Stain while the leaves are Shabby Shutters.  For the swing, I turned to my black Memento ink.  I also used the Memento ink for my sentiment which is from the new stamp set coming out in the Occasions Catalogue, Bird Banter.

It's surprising what one can do even when away from home and all the products that are usually at hand.

As I said, I'm playing along with the Inkspirational #151 challenge with this card.


1 comment:

  1. A really beautiful card - I love the soft colour scheme - this is so perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.