Friday 2 February 2018

Amazing YOU

I've loved the You've Got This stamp set since it first came out and have happily watched it continue in each Annual Catalogue.  I suspect its time is nearing the end, but this is one stamp set I will be keeping.  What makes it so special?  Well, for one thing, I love all three sentiments and the font that was used for them.  I also love that terrific, large background grid pattern.  It has seen  its way onto quite a few different cards.  But it's the flower itself that really appeals to me.  This is such a generously sized flower and lends itself to so many types of colouring.  I've used watercolours, markers, alcohol blends and, now, even Brusho.  Each time the flower has come to life and I've been happy with the results.

This time I decided to heat emboss my flower in white embossing powder and then used the Brusho crystals to add colour.  For the bloom I turned to the Gamboge (orange) while for the stem and leaves I used the Moss Green.  I wet the bloom in stages with a wet brush, added a scant number of crystals, and then used a finer brush to move the colour around.  The results, especially once it was dry, were spectacular.  There is a clarity to this Brusho colours as well as a colour shift within the colour one uses due to the variety of colours in the crystals, that one does not see normally when colouring.

I fussy cut my flower and added it to the left on a Whisper White note card.  Then I simply added a die-cut "amazing" and a die-cut "YOU", thanks to the SAB Celebrate You thinlits.  Overall it's a simply constructed card but I think it is extremely striking and dramatic.


I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

CASology Week 285 for which the cue word is "Swoon"

LTCCB #19 - February Anything Goes!

6 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Karen! I love the gorgeous, colorful flower, awesome fussy cutting! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. I like the teal and orange combo. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors!! Love this!! And beautiful fussy cutting as well!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunner, Heidi! I love the orange and turquoise combo an that sparkly"amazing" is so cool. Your flower is gorgeous too. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely CAS card. I really like the blue with the orange. Thank you for sharing at Love To Craft. Pippa DT

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.